What happens if you "screw up" your diet this weekend?
The quickest way to recover from a "diet blunder" is to just do the next best thing; wait until you're hungry to eat, grab a salad, skip dessert, include a healthy snack.... You will be back at it no time!
It's important to remember that just because you had a few days when you weren't nourishing yourself properly, it's ok. We all fall off and get back on. It's about consistency, give yourself permission to forgive yourself for eating pizza and taking a few days off from the gym, and start again!
It's a lifestyle, not a diet. When you mess up, let it go, and make the next meal healthier. All you have is the current moment, there is no need to dwell on what happened, as long as you're trying to make the healthiest decisions right here and now that's all you can do!
Lesson 1 on healthy grocery shopping:
The problem isn't that you don't know how to grocery shop, the problem is you are going to the store with no plan!!
I am going to teach you exactly how to make that plan with the Meal Prep Course launching in March, but first, go watch the quick video I made that goes over a few items to keep in your house at all times so you can always throw together a healthy meal.
Click HERE to watch!
If you're weighing in today and wondering why the scale seems off, here are a few reasons why:
When we consume a lot of carbs, sugar, salt or alcohol our bodies can hold onto water weight for DAYS! Even though you may feel like it's been a while since New Year's Eve, your body may not have released its water weight yet.
You may feel like you've been on track for a while, but remember that you just got through two months of holiday celebrations, and all those extra treats can really add up. Take it slow, you're on the right path!
Weight can fluctuate from day to day depending on your hydration status, internal swelling (hello, leg day!) etc., don't let the numbers throw you. Stay on track!
These 3 super juices will rock your world, especially in the cold and dry winter months!
1. Celery juice! This has been so popular lately, and for good reason! The minerals and salts found in celery juice are great for hydration. Drink this one each morning on an empty stomach for max absorption.
2. Aloe Vera juice. You can buy at the store or make at home in your juicer. Either way, aloe is healing for the gut and great for dry skin this time of year.
3. Beet juice. Stop cringing!! It’s not so bad. Beets are not only in season now but loaded with antioxidants for harsh winter. Not to mention, all that gorgeous color gives you a great glow from the inside out (no tanning bed necessary!).
If you aren’t keeping it clean at lunch, you are probably feeling pretty sleepy by 2 pm. Perhaps the only thing you are looking forward to is your next meal, it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are 4 ways to keep it clean at lunch and thus keep your energy up the rest of the day!
1. Pack it with you!! One of the easiest ways to ensure you don’t fall to temptation at lunchtime is to pack your lunch ahead of time. If you don’t have time or don’t know how let Basically It Meals do the work and delivery for you, or join No-Diet Diet Club here and learn how
2. Skip the beverages. Do not fall victim to lunchtime special drinks (soda, diet soda, sweet tea, fancy coffee drink or milkshake). All that sugar is going to leave you feeling blahhhhhh
3. Large portions will also leave you feeling BLAHH. When you overeat, your body has to do a lot of work to process it all and this often results in lethargy. Order the lunch-sized portion, OR go with Basically It Meals...
Feels like winter has arrived! A few things to keep stocked in your house in case of a snow storm:
Eggs! Great and easy source of protein
A jar of marinara- it can turn almost anything into a meal
Canned tuna- simple, no cook protein for any meal
Frozen veggies are an easy side dish that never go bad
Having your house stocked with healthy, ready to eat meals is so helpful, especially as weather gets bad. Not to mention, we deliver them to your house
Let me know what you think in the comments below!