We are all meal prepping right now because that is one of the few options we have!!
It might feel like you're missing something, or you're not doing it right.....there really is a process behind the madness!
If you're struggling, my first suggestion would be to plan ahead!
My second suggestion is try The Meal Prep Course! I break down the full process, walk you through step by step, and then we get to cooking in the kitchen together! It is really incredible.
Click HERE to sign up!
What happens if you "screw up" your diet this weekend?
The quickest way to recover from a "diet blunder" is to just do the next best thing; wait until you're hungry to eat, grab a salad, skip dessert, include a healthy snack.... You will be back at it no time!
It's important to remember that just because you had a few days when you weren't nourishing yourself properly, it's ok. We all fall off and get back on. It's about consistency, give yourself permission to forgive yourself for eating pizza and taking a few days off from the gym, and start again!
It's a lifestyle, not a diet. When you mess up, let it go, and make the next meal healthier. All you have is the current moment, there is no need to dwell on what happened, as long as you're trying to make the healthiest decisions right here and now that's all you can do!
REAL olive oil means it is pure, not watered with other oils, and it has some real health benefits!
1. Pure olive oil is loaded with antioxidants that not only protects you from aging but can reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.
2. Although olive oil is a fat (the highest in calories of the macronutrients), it is not associated with weight gain. When you are using quality olive oil the nutrients nourish your body instead of helping it hold onto weight.
3. Real olive oil is incredible for your skin!! All the nutrients and antioxidants help to protect your skin from the aging process and keep you looking good.
There are 3 healthy habits everyone should take with them on vacation; even winter vacation!!
1. Share all your meals! You want to taste everything and eat very little. This is so easy to do on vacation; goodbye bottomless pasta bowls, hello two bites of pasta, a few other items and done.
2. Slow down. American food culture tells us to order the largest portion possible, eat as fast as possible, and get on to the next thing. However, other cultures regard the meal as an opportunity to nourish the body, get a break from the bustle, and connect socially. Meals are often slow and extended, with many small portions. No one leaves stuffed, or feeling heavy or lethargic; in fact, it is often the break they needed to get through the day! So eat slowly, and enjoy the opportunity to nourish your body and connect with loved ones!
3. Throw food away. This is a tough one for many, including me sometimes! However, eating all the food in front of you when you are already past full does not...
An episode of Wine About It, my weekly Facebook live show @Basically It Meals Thursdays at 5:30, had me on my soapbox!
When it comes to living your life, you are way better off listening to your body than counting points, calories or macros.
Listening can be a challenge when most of us have been tuned out to what is happening in there since we hit puberty. It all starts with slowing down.