REAL olive oil means it is pure, not watered with other oils, and it has some real health benefits!
1. Pure olive oil is loaded with antioxidants that not only protects you from aging but can reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.
2. Although olive oil is a fat (the highest in calories of the macronutrients), it is not associated with weight gain. When you are using quality olive oil the nutrients nourish your body instead of helping it hold onto weight.
3. Real olive oil is incredible for your skin!! All the nutrients and antioxidants help to protect your skin from the aging process and keep you looking good.
There are 3 healthy habits everyone should take with them on vacation; even winter vacation!!
1. Share all your meals! You want to taste everything and eat very little. This is so easy to do on vacation; goodbye bottomless pasta bowls, hello two bites of pasta, a few other items and done.
2. Slow down. American food culture tells us to order the largest portion possible, eat as fast as possible, and get on to the next thing. However, other cultures regard the meal as an opportunity to nourish the body, get a break from the bustle, and connect socially. Meals are often slow and extended, with many small portions. No one leaves stuffed, or feeling heavy or lethargic; in fact, it is often the break they needed to get through the day! So eat slowly, and enjoy the opportunity to nourish your body and connect with loved ones!
3. Throw food away. This is a tough one for many, including me sometimes! However, eating all the food in front of you when you are already past full does not...
An episode of Wine About It, my weekly Facebook live show @Basically It Meals Thursdays at 5:30, had me on my soapbox!
When it comes to living your life, you are way better off listening to your body than counting points, calories or macros.
Listening can be a challenge when most of us have been tuned out to what is happening in there since we hit puberty. It all starts with slowing down.