Eating past the point of fullness is extremely common in today's world. Here are 3 tips to help break the habit of overeating:
1. Check in with your emotions before you eat: Do you feel anxious, rushed, pressured, stressed? These emotions lead to overeating, so slow down and find a more relaxing thought. : )
2. Get rid of distractions: Turn off the TV, put down your phone and truly be present for your meals. This helps you to pay attention to how you're feeling while you eat, rather than zoning out and mindlessly taking bite after bite. You'll notice when your full and therefore will stop eating before you're overfull!
3. Slow down: Take the time to slow down when eating. Chew your food 15-20 times before you swallow it, that's how long it takes to get the nutrients out of the food. When you slow down you'll start to notice the amazing flavors and textures of the meal as well! Your appreciation for the food will increase and you'll...
There are 3 healthy habits everyone should take with them on vacation; even winter vacation!!
1. Share all your meals! You want to taste everything and eat very little. This is so easy to do on vacation; goodbye bottomless pasta bowls, hello two bites of pasta, a few other items and done.
2. Slow down. American food culture tells us to order the largest portion possible, eat as fast as possible, and get on to the next thing. However, other cultures regard the meal as an opportunity to nourish the body, get a break from the bustle, and connect socially. Meals are often slow and extended, with many small portions. No one leaves stuffed, or feeling heavy or lethargic; in fact, it is often the break they needed to get through the day! So eat slowly, and enjoy the opportunity to nourish your body and connect with loved ones!
3. Throw food away. This is a tough one for many, including me sometimes! However, eating all the food in front of you when you are already past full does not...