It's that time of year....
Cold and flu season!!
One amazing cold and flu season food is raw oysters. While they aren't for everyone, once you hear the benefits you may change your mind.
Here are a few reasons why you should give raw oysters a try this cold and flu season:
- Super high in zinc which is phenomenal for the immune system
- High in omega 3 fatty acids which are great for brain and central nervous system function
- Contain magnesium which is great for a stressed out immune system
- Contain iron to keep your blood rich with oxygen for tissue repair
- Full of B12 which can be depleted with illness
- Great source of vitamin D which most people don't get enough of in the cold weather, or while they are cooped up inside sick!
Top with fresh lemon, garlic or horseradish to kick up the flavor (and open those nasal passages if you know what I mean!).